CDN or Content Delivery Network is a group of servers that are distributed geographically and facilitate delivering content to their users faster. If a user connects to one network only, there can be operational interruptions associated with various factors.
Users ensure a better and faster connection by using Multi-CDN, which is designed to significantly improve application performance. And if the services work without interruptions, then financial costs can be significantly reduced, while profits can be substantially increased.
CDN service and its Capabilities
Some networks offer special features to their customers. These may include:
- Network security and protection of sensitive data that could be used exploited by malicious users.
- Furthermore, multi-CDN provides protection against hacker attacks.
- Optimization of static content.
- Streaming video in real-time.
One CDN is used to ensure the performance of each individual feature. Multi-CDN is used for several features to be available at the same time. This service guarantees the fast loading of sites and high performance.
As to the pricing policy, different providers use their own methods to establish the price. So visiting the official website of the company is really helpful to find out how much you have to pay. Another option is to get in touch with the support service or a manager who will give details and answer all questions.
Setting up a multi-CDN may require signing an agreement with a third-party provider. What is multi-CDN?
How it works:
- A network user sends a request for any domain name that consists of letters and the corresponding DNS is searched for.
- The DNS-record is returned to the reducer, and then it is redirected to the subdomain.
- The recognizer performs a second round of the search in DNS to locate the provider’s subdomain.
- The multi-CDN returns the name it chose for the particular query entered into the reducer.
- The resolver performs the third stage of the search, which is aimed at finding the IP address.
- The Internet user connects to CDN.
Although the process is quite complex and takes many steps, in fact, it is carried out instantly, and a user will be able to obtain data within a short period of time.