So, you’re in Jacksonville and have been wondering “where can I go-kart near me?” and it makes sense. Go-karting has been incredibly popular ever since it was invented in the 1950s. Not even a decade after it was invented there were already national tournaments. Go-kart racing is an all-American pastime, and it’s no wonder to those that enjoy this sport that it’s so popular among its practitioners. Fortunately, if you’re a fan of go-karting there’s a place to do it just about anywhere in the county, and if you’re in Jacksonville you’re doubly lucky.
Go as Fast as You Like
Go-kart racing is all about how fast you can go, and that’s why it’s important to make sure you select a good venue for your go-kart racing. Why not try Jacksonville’s own indoor go-kart racing track?
This course uses Italian third-generation electric karts. While that may seem unimpressive to the uninitiated, these karts have 20 horsepower and can push speeds of up to 50 miles per hour. With their differential axles even though they can zoom around the course at faster speeds than you can likely drive in your neighborhood you can still drive these karts with ease.
The courses are also advanced and some of the best in the industry. They can hold up to ten karts on the track, so you’ll very likely get the race you want, and because the karts are so easy to drive you might even find that a newbie is providing you a good challenge.
You may be concerned about finding out who won if the race is close, but this course thought of that. Their track has sensors that can give you your lap times within 1/100th of a second. That means that even if the race is super close you’ll know who won unless you finished within a centisecond of each other.
Making Sure You’re Safe
Go-karting can be very dangerous if the proper precautions haven’t been taken. Fortunately, this course knows just as well as you do that the best way to ensure that everyone has a good day is to take safety seriously. That’s why they’ve taken steps to ensure that their track has enough safety features to ensure that it is as safe as possible. Here’s a short list of just a few things they’ve done:
- All karts they use are weighted to make the chance of the kart flipping or tipping incredibly low.
- Because any non-zero chance of a kart tipping of flipping is still an issue they also installed roll bars to further reduce the chance of this occurring.
- Each kart has a professional grade four point safety harness to ensure that every driver will still be in their kart in the case of an accident.
- All of the components of the kart are underneath or inside of the kart to ensure that the components are safe while also lessening the odds of the driver being burned by hot components sticking out. Traditional gas motors usually have their hot components on the outside.
- The track is lined with a special guardrail specifically designed to lessen the impact in the case of a collision.
These are just a few precautions they have taken to ensure that you and your party are safe for your entire trip.
Making the Most of Your Go-Kart Session
We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again, go-karting is a great way to get some good, clean fun. Whether you’re going with your friends, family, or even alone go-karting is a great way to blow off some steam and have a great time while doing it.